Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

21.03.2019 06:34
bolstered her Olympic hopes by Antworten

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Bostons next big thing has arrived.Yoan Moncada, a 21-year-old infielder who was ranked No. 5 in ESPN Insider Keith Laws midseason top 50 prospects list, joined the Red Sox on Friday night for the start of a three-game series against the Oakland Athletics.?He was not in the lineup but entered as a defensive replacement in the bottom of the seventh inning.[I] fully expect him to be in the lineup [Saturday],?manager John Farrell said before Fridays game.Moncada drew a five-pitch walk in the eighth and scored, and struck out swinging in the ninth in the Red Soxs 16-2 win.Travis Shaw got the start at third base Friday against Oakland right-hander Andrew Triggs?but figures to lose playing time to Moncada for the seasons final month. Shaw homered and had five RBIs on Friday, but he entered the game hitting .189 since the All-Star break.Farrell said Moncada, a switch-hitter who has had more success from the left side, will get the bulk of the starts against right-handed pitching. Aaron Hill will start against left-handers, and Farrell suggested Hill could replace Moncada for defense in the late innings of close games.Moncada has been a second baseman for all but 10 games of his minor league career, which has lasted only 187 games. He did play third in his native Cuba, so he and the Red Sox believe hell handle the position smoothly.This season for Class A Salem and Double-A Portland, Moncada hit a combined .294 with 31 doubles, six triples, 15 homers and 45 stolen bases.He said he still wasnt expecting a big league promotion.It was definitely a surprise for me, Moncada said through translator Daveson Perez. I didnt think they were going to call. Im here and ready to work. Its been a blessing.Boston president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said he has heard Moncada being compared to the Texas Rangers Carlos Beltran.Im not using that comparison myself, Dombrowski said. Im just telling you what other people have told me.Beltran is a switch-hitter, very good athlete, could run, could play defense, could drive the ball. ... Youre talking about a guy who has a chance to go into the Hall of Fame. I dont want to put that on anybodys shoulders.Dombrowski and Farrell believe Moncada has the skills and temperament to make an impact on the postseason race.Said Farrell: He wouldnt be here if we didnt feel like he could step in and contribute.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Authentic MLB Jerseys Cheap . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. Cheap Nike Baseball Jerseys . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. http://www.chinajerseysmlb.com/ . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the boost he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. MLB Jerseys For Sale . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat.With a new management team in place and the addition of a couple of key role players, Raptors head coach Dwane Casey is hopeful his team can make the jump into a playoff position in 2013-14. Speaking on TSN 1050s Macko & Cauz show on Tuesday, the third-year bench boss is excited to see how his new pieces blend with the teams young core. “We needed toughness inside to go along with Jonas Valanciunas), Amir Johnson and Aaron Gray and we brought in Tyler Hansbrough, who I think our fans will be excited about.” To go along with the former Pacers power forward, the team addressed its perimeter shooting need via the Andrea Bargnani deal and in free agency. “We needed three-point shooting and we got Steve Novak and Austin Daye, who is a young untapped talented player who has three-point shooting ability.” Following a 17-32 start, the Raptors played the rest of the season one game over .500, in part because of a renewed emphasis on the defensive end. “We will get back to defence and let the offence take care of itself,” Casey said. “I thought Masai (Ujiri), Jeff (Weltman) and our management team did an excellent job of bringing in the type of players that will fit our needs.” Still, the team finished four games out of a playoff spot and new president and CEO Tim Leiweke decided to make a change in the basketball operations department, replacing former GM Bryan Colanagelo with Ujiri.dddddddddddd Casey said Ujiri and Leiweke operate differently than Coloangelo in that the former GM took a more hands-on approach than the current structure. “Bryans management style is more hands on. Hes there every day, hes involved…Theres nothing wrong with that, its just a different management style.” Casey is confident where the team is headed, but noted that the expectation of a playoff spot last season may have been too unrealistic. “I thought we put the cart before the horse last year in talking about the playoffs too soon, we were still building…Adding Rudy, adding some of the pieces we have now, weve accelerated that building.” Casey mentioned that while the team is positioned to make a playoff push this season, the overall focus is still on growing and developing the talented core they have in place. “We have good young talent thats getting better, but at the same time we want to win. We owe it to our fans, we owe it to our organization to put our best foot forward and go out to compete to win.” ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz