Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

19.04.2019 09:21
winners are normally considered for selection, th Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Endy Miyem scored her game-winning shot just as time was expiring and France stunned Belarus by pulling out a 73-72 win Sunday night in the Olympic womens basketball group play.Officials immediately counted the basket, then went to replay to confirm whether the ball was out of Miyems hand before time had expired. France (2-0) had already begun celebrating, while one Belarussian dropped to her knees as if she already knew the outcome.The referee came back onto the court and ruled the shot counted, an emotionally devastating decision for Belarus.Fans who had been on their feet roaring when Lindsay Hardings two free throws gave Belarus (0-2) its last lead with 11.7 seconds remaining, cheered Frances victory.Belarus led by as much as 12 against the 2012 silver medalist who lost its starting point guard Celine Dumerc to a sprained left ankle Wednesday.Olivia Epoupa scored 16 points replacing Dumerc.---Online:AP Summer Games website: http://summergames.ap.org/ Air Max Shoes Australia . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Discount Air Max Australia . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. http://www.australiawholesaleairmax.com/ . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Cheap Air Max Shoes Australia . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. Air Max Sale Australia . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. On the final day of the womens boxing nationals at Haridwar, Poonam Bist pondered her next step. Bist didnt have a bout, having been eliminated in the semifinals of the womens flyweight (51kg) division a day ago. Yet by winning a bronze medal, she had won a place in the national camp.Its a great opportunity for the 21-year-old, who only began boxing a little over a year ago. Her hometown, Haldwani in Uttarakhand, has just one boxing ring and few partners. Bist had competed only in a couple of state tournaments before the nationals - her first ever. The bronze was unexpected. At the national camp, she hopes to get better facilities and the chance to spar with the best in the country. Ive told my mother about it but I havent really decided what I need to pack. Going to Delhi is a very big thing for me, she says.There is a similar mood of anticipation tempered with anxiety in the boxing community in India. After four years of administrative chaos, the newly formed federation has managed to conduct the womens boxing nationals. Not counting 2014, when the short-lived Boxing India conducted a tournament which never had official sanction, the Haridwar tournament was the first womens nationals in over three years.Yes, there were a few glitches. The scoring was dodgy for a few bouts. The scoring machines were non-functional for the majority of the tournament, resulting in the judges scoring by hand. There were more than a few dodgy decisions. Each time officials would ask for understanding. We are holding a tournament after a long time. Just have a little patience, was the stock response. Yet the overwhelming feeling is of relief. That finally perhaps Indian boxing, and at least womens boxing - which went from a bronze medal at the 2012 Olympics to no qualifiers in Rio -- may have finally halted its downward slide.Boxing mar hi gayi thi (boxing had died), says Soniya Chahal, who won gold in the 57 kg division. Our coach would say we had to keep training because one day the federation would start functioning once again, and thats the only reason we kept training. Im just happy we can compete in the nationals once more, she says.Others believe the tournament has done even better than they had hoped. It has been above expectations, says Sagar Mal Dhayal. The Dronacharya award-winning coach had feared that the lack of youth and junior tournaments conducted over the past four years would have caused talent to dry up. Because there were no tournaments being conducted, it was hard to know whether we had any fresh talent coming up. At the national camp, we were seeing the same faces. In Haridwar, I was wondering what kind of talent we would get considering we hadnt held youth and junior national tournaments for the last four years. I thought this sport was finished. But it isnt, he says.Dhayal reckons nearly a quarter of the faces he is seeing at the nationals are boxers he has never seen before. On the day of the final, six of the ten gold medallists were competing in their first national championships.Some states have, however, scripted better survival tales than others. Haryana boxers featured in 8 of the ten finals, with four boxers boxing in their first nationals. Yet the lack of polish was telling in several cases. In the final of the womens 64kg, Jyoti of Haryana suffered a TKO loss in the final round despite twice forcing a standing eight count on her opponent - Simranjeet of Punjab. I should have kept my guard up but I let myself be open. If I had more experience playing big tournaments, I would have kept my cool, said Jyoti, who was also competing in her first senior national championships.Despite the setbacks, Haryana teams coach Jagdish Singh says it was imperative to get new blood into the sport. If we want to target the 2018 Asian and Commonwealth Games aand the 2020 Olympics, we cant count on the boxers we have right now.ddddddddddddTheir careers will not last another four years. The girls who have come up at these nationals are the ones we must groom, says the man who once coached Vijender Singh and Akhil Kumar at Bhiwani.Sarjubala Devi of Manipur, who won the 48kg light flyweight gold - her third national title, says the tournament was important simply to let boxers know where they stand. As a boxer, unless you compete in tournaments, its not possible to know what your level is. You know whether you are performing to your expectations or whether you have to work harder, she says.The womens tournament completed, coach Dhayal says the same must now also be done for the other categories. We have to conduct the mens tournament and also have the youth and junior tournaments as well. The season ends by March, so we need to hold another five tournaments in that time, says Dhayal.That sense of urgency has been appreciated by the federation. We are conducting the mens nationals from December 9th and we will be conducting the youth nationals for both men and women at the end of the month in New Delhi. We plan to host the junior tournaments by February next year, promises Ajai Singh, the president of the BFI. Singh says the federation has taken note of some of the contentious decisions in the Haridwar tournament and is conducting seminars ahead of the mens tournament to help judges come to better grips with the scoring patterns.Meanwhile, the federation will be conducting the national camp for women beginning on December 10. While only the medal-winners are normally considered for selection, this time the net is being cast wider. Apart from the forty medallists at Haridwar, another thirty boxers will also be included. Singh vouches for the quality of the camp, which will also feature 16 coaches - making it the biggest ever organized by any boxing federation in India. They will get the best possible facilities, coaching, scientific practices, masseurs, sports psychologists and nutritionists, he says.During the camp trials will be held to select a team for an international tournament in Russia in January next year. Ajai Singh says it will only be the first of many the federation plans its boxers will participate in. Its very important we dont lose this momentum. We are looking for our boxers to participate in as many tournaments as possible, he says.He promises that the lack of planning which had dogged Indian boxers over the past few years will be no more. Singh claims that a calendar leading up to the 2020 Olympics has been drafted. Singh admits that the federation is racing against time. We have less than a year for the Asian championships and less than a couple of years for the Asian games and commonwealth championships. We have to play catch up after many years. We have to be in a hurry, he says.Dhayal, who also coaches the Railways team puts it more succinctly. We have been stuck at the platform for many years. Now we need to be like a Rajdhani train.Ajai Singh is bullish about the countrys prospects. This isnt rocket science. Theres no reason why we cant get our boxing program going, he says.Bist though, is modest about what the bronze at Haridwar means. For her simply making the national camp is a massive achievement and perhaps the first step to greater success. At the nationals I compared myself to some of the senior boxers and I realized how much my game needs to improve. Im really excited to be taking part in my first national camp. I hope I learn a lot from the senior boxers over there. Perhaps I can turn my bronze into gold the next time we have the nationals, she says. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz