Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

12.06.2019 10:36
against the Vancouver Canucks because of an Antworten

LONDON -- Without a doubt, Andy Murray will be the No. 1 player in the world for the rest of the year.The Wimbledon champion needed to win the final match of the season to ensure his place at the top. And he did it, rather easily.Murray beat Novak Djokovic 6-3, 6-4 Sunday to earn his first title at the ATP finals, and make sure he remained No. 1 until next season.I would like to try and stay there, obviously. Its taken a huge effort the last five, six months to get there, said Murray, who took over the top ranking two weeks ago and has now won 24 straight matches.Im aware thats going to be extremely difficult because I had a great year this year. I only managed to do it by one match.Murray replaced Djokovic as the top-ranked player in Paris, but the second-ranked Serb could have regained the No. 1 position by winning Sunday at the O2 Arena.And Murray seemed vulnerable heading into the final, especially after playing three sets against Milos Raonic in Saturdays semifinals. He started against Djokovic with a pair of double-faults in the opening game, but it was soon his opponent that was struggling with his serve as the unforced errors piled up.There was no serious chance for me to win todays match, Djokovic said. From the very beginning we could see that. He was just a better player all in all.Normally so steady with his groundstrokes, Djokovic found himself missing easy shots time after time, finishing the match with a whopping 30 unforced errors and only 13 winners. Murray had 15 unforced errors and 13 winners.In the first set, Djokovic had a routine smash that he whacked wide. And in the second, he netted a basic forehand volley.It never got much better for the 12-time Grand Slam champion, who was trying to win a record-tying sixth title at the season-ending tournament and finish the year as the top-ranked player for the fifth time.I didnt do much from my side. Every time I would get an opportunity, I would miss, said Djokovic, who completed a career Grand Slam by winning the French Open this year.Murray is the first man other than Djokovic, Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal to finish the year as the No. 1-ranked player since Andy Roddick in 2003.He took over the top spot on Nov. 7 after winning his eighth title of the season at the Paris Masters. He also reached the Australian Open and French Open finals, losing to Djokovic on both occasions, but won his second straight Olympic gold medal in singles at the Rio de Janeiro Games after claiming his second Wimbledon title.On Sunday, he capped a long stretch of playing some of the best tennis of his life, and the best tennis in the world.I was solid enough when I needed to be, Murray said, perhaps understating his accomplishment. You never beat a player as good as Novak if you dont play well.Sundays match was the first time since 2000 that the year-end No. 1 ranking was on the line in the final match of the season. Sixteen years ago, Gustavo Kuerten beat Andre Agassi to give the Brazilian the top ranking ahead of Marat Safin.Despite winning the opening two Grand Slam tournaments this year, Djokovic has struggled in the second half of the season. He lost to Sam Querrey in the third round at Wimbledon, ending a 30-match winning streak at major championships. He later lost to Stan Wawrinka in the U.S. Open final.Well, the last five, six months have not been ideal, Djokovic said. But sometimes its just normal, I guess, to experience, to live these kind of things, not to have the half seasons as well as you want them to be, as well as theyve been in the last three, four years. Thats all. Alex English Jersey Large . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Wholesale Custom Nuggets Shirts . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. http://www.customnuggetsjersey.com/ . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Custom Nuggets Jerseys . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Cheap Custom Nuggets Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Essendon ruckman Matthew Leuenberger insists morale at the AFL side remains high as they approach the end of a meaningless and miserable season.The Bombers are fully expected to collect the wooden spoon later this month, having recorded one victory in the opening 19 rounds.The majority of the clubs best and most experienced players were suspended for the entire season following the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) judgment on anti-doping offences.Every game has been pretty hard for us, lets be honest, Leuenberger said ahead of the Bombers clash with Geelong at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.(Morale has been) surprisingly good considering we havent won a game since round two.We ride a few highs and a few lows, its been difficult and tough because footy at the end of the day is winning.Guys are hanging in there ... we still see the last four weeks as something where we can get a few improvements and go from tthere.ddddddddddddLeuenberger, who joined the Bombers as a free agent during the off-season, has found form and fitness after a frustrating run of injuries at Brisbane.He isnt the only Essendon player to benefit from 2016.Leuenberger suggested the clubs youngsters have learned plenty this year, setting the club up well for 2017.Our list is in really good shape and Id be excited for next year, the 28-year-old said.Look at a guy like (Orazio) Fantasia, from the start of the year to what hes doing now - some of his numbers are elite for the position he plays.Joey Daniher has improved a lot more as the season has gone on.Zach Merrett has taken his game to another level.Darcy Parish weve unearthed. Were starting to see Aaron Francis come in, so theres certainly been a few positives. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz