Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
carrie567 Offline

17.07.2019 09:30
istant coach Doug Lidster (666) along with Denn Antworten

Quinn Smith will not be appealing his failed drug test. The Calgary Stampeders draft pick, taken seventh-overall, tested positive for a banned substance prior to the draft and released a statement through the team that he will not appeal the result. "I have been informed by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) that the B sample result from an out-of-competition doping control test on Mar. 21 in Toronto has confirmed the presence of Stanozolol metabolite,” Smith said. "I accept the consequences of the findings and will not be appealing. I would like to reiterate that I accept full responsibility for the result of the test. I assure everyone that it was not my intention to use a banned substance. I did not properly research the contents of supplements I obtained online and I will accept the consequences of not being as diligent and thorough as I should have been. The fault is mine alone. "I apologize to the Canadian Football League, Canadian Interuniversity Sport, Concordia University and the Calgary Stampeders for the negative attention that has been resulted from this episode and can assure everyone that this will not happen again. I thank my family and friends for their continued support." Stampeders head coach John Hufnagel also released a statement. "After speaking to the young man, I believe his explanation of what took place,” Hufnagel said. “I am confident that he has learned from his error and that he will be much more careful in the future. I applaud Quinn for accepting responsibility for his mistake and I do not expect a reoccurrence of this situation." Smith will enter the league with a first violation, which subjects him to mandatory testing under the provisions of the CFLs drug policy. Swell Fles Nederland . And thats about it. After the Salukis 73-65 loss at Murray State on Tuesday night, Hinson called his players "uncoachable," "a bunch of mamas boys" and compared the disciplining of his young team to housebreaking a puppy. Swell Fles . The Giants chances of winning the division were dealt a serious blow by the three-game sweep at the hands of the lowly Padres. The Giants open a three-game series at Dodger Stadium on Monday night. San Francisco is still in good shape to clinch a wild-card berth, although it dropped into a tie with Pittsburgh in the race for the top spot. http://www.swellbottlenederland.com/.She struggled with a hacking cough, she was sick, and she twice celebrated too early, but she held her composure in a 6-3, 7-6 (5) victory on Saturday.On her third match point, she let her racket go before hearing a let call to what she thought was an ace. Swell Nederland Kopen .com) - The Boston Bruins announced Monday that the team has signed goaltender Niklas Svedberg to a one-year contract. Swell Nederland . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions.VANCOUVER, BC a€“ When he steps on the ice on Wednesday for the Vancouver Canucks season opener, Alex Burrows will be participating in the 619th game of his National Hockey League career. That total is impressive given his well-documented rise from undrafted junior to NHL regular with stops in both the East Coast Hockey League and American Hockey League sandwiched in between. But the number alone pales in comparison to the achievement Burrows will reach at some point in the 2014-15 season. Alex Burrows is poised to crack the franchisea€?s top-10 all-time games played list later this year. Yes, in 45-years of Vancouver Canucks history, Alex Burrows is closing in on some exclusive territory. The 33-year-old winger starts the season 11th on the list a€“ and seventh among forwards a€“ with long-time teammate Ryan Kesler (655 games) immediately ahead of him on the ladder. New assistant coach Doug Lidster (666) along with Dennis Kearns (677) could also get passed as the season unfolds. In fact, if Burrows stays healthy a€“ and thata€?s a big if given his misfortune a season ago a€“ and suits up for all 82 games, he will finish the year with exactly 700 games on his NHL resume. a€?It says that Ia€?m old now,a€? Burrows said with a laugh when told hea€?s on the verge of joining the teama€?s top ten. a€?When I came in, my goal was just to play a little bit and try to stick around as long as I could. Wea€?ve had good teams and Ia€?ve been fortunate that the twins made me a pretty good player. Ita€?s been fun, but the most important thing is we want to win a Stanley Cup at some point and thata€?s why wea€?re all still here and thata€?s our goal.a€? Things will surely be different for Burrows this season. No longer a staple on the wing with Daniel and Henrik Sedin, the 33-year-old native of Pincourt, Quebec may have to re-invent himself to contribute in ways other than he has in recent seasons. But the one thing the Canucks can count on from Burrows is the same strong work ethic hea€?s demonstrated since he burst onto the scene as a midseason call-up from the minors for the first time on January 2, 2006 in St. Louis. a€?I remember flying all day and missing the morning skate and walking into the locker room and seeing Trevor and Nazzy and Todd and Mo and Jovo -- those were some of my idols growing up -- and here I was playing with them,a€? he recalls of his Canucks debut. a€?It was special. It wasna€?t a very good game, we lost 4-1 and I just wanted to make sure that if I played in one game in the NHL I would get my name on the scoresheet. So I got in a fight (with Dennis Wideman) at the end of the game.a€? As fate would have it, Burrows first NHL game just happened to be the 1,200th game of Trevor Lindena€?s National Hockey League career. And the Canucks new President of Hockey Operations vividly remembers the fresh-faced rookie arriving at the rink just prior to puck drop. a€?He walked in and I was like a€?excuse me, are you a player?a€? Hea€?s bigger and stronger now than he was, but back then he was just a kid,a€? Linden says. a€?But he made a play by our bench in the second period and I was like this guy knows the game.ddddddddddddAnd from that point forward, everything he did showed hea€?s really smart.a€? Ita€?s that hockey savvy that has kept Burrows in the best league in the world since 2006. In fact, this will be his 10th NHL season and in addition to the games played list, Burrows is creeping up the franchise scoring lists, too. He begins play this year 14th in goals with 157 and 21st in points with 309. And despite the frustrations of a season disrupted by three separate injuries a year ago in which he was limited to just five goals and 15 points in 49 contests, Burrows says he loves the game as much today as he ever has. a€?Maybe even more because I know that ita€?s getting to the end a little bit,a€? he says. a€?You look around, there are a lot of young guys coming in and playing big minutes for their organizations. When I first came in there were a lot more older guys in the league who were prolonging their careers into their late thirties, but I think ita€?s a little bit different dynamic now. But for me, I obviously enjoy it a lot and seeing the young guys come in and have fun. Ia€?m not looking forward to the end.a€? Alex Burrows is nowhere near the end of his career. He may no longer be the player that once scored 35 goals in a season, but he certainly sees himself as a leader and a veteran on a Canucks team that feels it has something to prove after a second-half tailspin a year ago. And his new boss has full confidence that his former teammate will continue to do the things that earned him his chance in the NHL in the first place. a€?Ita€?s a real credit to the individual to do it the way Burr has done it,a€? says Linden. a€?Ita€?s a long road. He played hard, he worked his ass off, he was smart and he made really good decisions. And coaches love those guys.a€? Marc Crawford was the first to give Burrows a chance. Alain Vigneault made him a front-line player. Like many on the team, Burrows struggled to find his way under John Tortorella. But hea€?s confident that he can regain some of his old form playing this season for Willie Desjardins. And with the curtain about to rise on a new NHL season, Alex Burrows continues to cement his place in Vancouver Canucks history. Within two years, ita€?s possible that only Linden, the Sedins, Markus Naslund and Stan Smyl will have played more games in a Canucks uniform than the guy who once split a season between the Greenville Grrrowl and the Baton Rouge Kingfish. That was a long time ago, but it also reinforces just how far Alex Burrows has come to get to where he is today. a€?Ia€?ve always just tried to play hard and have always respected everyone in the organization,a€? Burrows says of his longevity with the only NHL organization hea€?s known. a€?At the end of the day, if you come in and work hard and people notice that youa€?re working hard and youa€?re a good human being and positive and fun to be around, I think thata€?s what attracts people to keep you around.a€? ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz