Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
carrie567 Offline

17.07.2019 09:30
gotta be lucky to be good sometimes. Thats what happen Antworten

BOSTON -- Boston winger Milan Lucic didnt hide the thoughts many of his teammates may have had in the Bruins locker room following a fairly easy win over Carolina. "I just hope were not peaking right now and keep wanting more," Lucic said after the Eastern Conference-leading Bruins beat the Hurricanes 5-1 on Saturday afternoon for their eighth straight victory. "Weve done a good job of staying focused and keeping on the task at hand," he said. "It seems like were playing at our highest level of the season so far. It seems to have gotten better since the start of February and Olympic break." Jarome Iginla scored a pair of goals and backup goaltender Chad Johnson made 29 saves, helping extend the Bruins longest winning streak since a 10-game stretch in November 2011. Lucic had a goal and two assists, Torey Krug and Chris Kelly each scored a goal and David Krejci added three assists, his first coming as he was falling to the ice on Lucics score. Bruins coach Claude Julien wasnt about to say his team is playing its best. "If he thinks were peaking too soon I can show him areas where we can play better," he said, breaking into a grin. "Were playing well and working hard." Alexander Semin had the goal and Cam Ward made 36 saves for the Hurricanes, who lost for the eighth time in 11 games. Johnson, playing with regular goalie Tuukka Rask getting the day off, is 8-0-1 in his past nine starts. Bruins defenceman Johnny Boychuk had to be helped off the ice favouring his right leg after going off-balance into the boards midway into the third period. He was back about a minute later and ended up blocking a shot before limping off on his next shift. Boston grabbed a 1-0 lead on Lucics goal 15:28 into the opening period. Krejci was falling after being tripped on what would have been a penalty on Eric Staal, but he pushed the puck ahead to Lucic. The winger then snapped off a quick shot inside the right post into a wide-open area with Ward over near the other post. "Its funny. I was talking to him after the play," Lucic said, smiling. "He said he was going to shoot it. Its a bit of a lucky play to come back to me. Again, youve gotta be lucky to be good sometimes. Thats what happened there. Thats how it goes sometimes. You can be working hard and playing well and things dont go your way." Lucic then set up Iginla to make it 2-0 at 17:24 of the second. The Bruins rugged winger outworked defenceman Jay Harrison for the puck in the corner, hustled to it behind the net and sent a pass out front to Iginla, who fired a wrist shot inside the far post over Wards glove. Semin ended Johnsons shutout bid 3:53 into the third when his shot caromed off the stick of Boychuk and bounced into the net. Boston broke it open with two goals later in the period before Krug scored in the final seconds. "Yeah, you know what, theyre a good hockey team, theyre physical," Carolina coach Kirk Muller said. "It was disappointing for us because weve been playing pretty good hockey recently. Usually, as the game goes on we get stronger and stronger, but I dont think we pushed back well enough tonight after they came out hard in the first. They set the tone and I dont think we really responded -- even though the game was a 2-1 game for the most part." Kellys score made it 3-1 at 12:49 and Iginla scored his team-leading 23rd goal 13 seconds later, firing a wrister past Ward from the slot. Johnson had a key save late in the second after Boston made it 2-0 when he made a right pad stop on Staal at the end of a 2-on-1 break. "I thought we didnt capitalize on opportunities, and that always hurts us obviously early in the game, and then they just kept coming," Hurricanes forward Nathan Gerbe said. NOTES: Bruins C Matt Lindblad played his first NHL game and Krug was back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch in the previous game. ... The Hurricanes entered the game with the leagues 29th ranked power play and went 0 for 3. ... Playing a Carolina team not known for physical play, Julien elected to make enforcer Shawn Thornton a healthy scratch. ... Iginla played his 1,300th career game. ... Boston swept the three games against Carolina this season. ... Boston F Gregory Campbell impressed the crowd and drew some loud oohs when he tipped a shot between his legs with his back to Ward in the second period. ... Boston C Patrice Bergeron was whistled for three minor penalties. ... The Hurricanes host Edmonton on Sunday. ... Boston D Dougie Hamilton sent Jeff Skinner flying to the ice with a hard check in the third. Glen Rice Hornets Jersey . DArnaud hit one of three doubles for the Mets as they took a 4-0 lead in the first. Then the catchers seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the fifth. The 41-year-old Colon (10-8) retired the first 20 batters in his last outing Wednesday against Seattle, eventually allowing two runs on three hits in 7 1-3 innings in a 3-2 win. Larry Johnson Hornets Jersey . A better question yet may be this: How many times has the same player been involved in both? Morneau hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning and helped the Colorado Rockies turn the third triple play in team history as they beat the San Diego Padres 8-6 on Sunday. http://www.hornetsteamproshop.com/Cheap-...Hornets-Jersey/. Ribery, who won UEFAs best player in Europe award for the 2012-13 season, helped Bayern Munich win the Champions League and Bundesliga and German Cup titles. Messi, winner of the last four Ballon dOr awards in voting by coaches, team captains and media, was injured late in the season and could not prevent Barcelona from being beaten by Bayern in the Champions League semifinals. Nicolas Batum Hornets Jersey . He still wanted out. "It just seemed like the direction they were going didnt fit what I thought my career was going to be," Kesler said. "At the end of the day I want to win a championship and I want to win it now, and four years is a little too long for me. Frank Kaminsky Jersey . JOHNS, N.Portland, OR (SportsNetwork.com) - Damian Lillard had 22 points, six rebounds and five assists and the Portland Trail Blazers overcame the loss of star forward LaMarcus Aldridge and held off the Sacramento Kings, 98-94, on Monday. Wesley Matthews added 17 points and five reserves scored at least five points to make up for the loss of Aldridge, who left the game late in the second quarter with a hand injury and was immediately ruled out. When things like this happen, guys have to be ready to step up, said Lillard. Its not like, LA is out, were not playing Wednesday. We still have to go out there and try and win the game. DeMarcus Cousins returned from a one-game absence for Sacramento and filled it up, but it wasnt enough to end a losing streak that reached four games. Cousins posted 22 points, 19 rebounds and four blocks but picked up three fouls late in the game and fouled out for the third time this month. Rudy Gay scored a game-high 26 points. Portland locked down defensively early in the fourth quarter to erase Sacramentos lead, which was nine points following Ray McCallums layup early in the period. A 12-2 run ensued, with Nicolas Batum hitting a 3-pointer at 5:03 to cap the surge and give the Blazers an 84-83 edge. Cousins briefly restored momentum to the Kings with his jumper from the nail, and Darren Collison made it three with a layup on the next touch, but Portland outscored Sacramento by seven the rest of the way.dddddddddddd Thomas Robinson made 3-of-4 from the stripe out of a timeout, and Matthews restored the lead with a long jumper. Cousins tied the game with two free throws, but fouled out not long after trying to fight through a screen. The Blazers went in front for good on Lillards reverse layup off an offensive rebound. The lead was one when, with Cousins on the bench and no rim protector on the floor for Sacramento, Lillard darted down the lane for an uncontested flush. After Gay worked his way to the line for a pair, Lillard left the door open by splitting on consecutive trips to the stripe, but Collison stepped on the sideline and turned the ball over. Batum put the game away at the line. I think were playing much better right now, said Collison. Were showing effort and playing as more of a team right now. I think were fine. Aldridge, Lillard and Matthews all had 10 points at halftime, however Sacramento led 56-51 at intermission. Game Notes Collison had 13 points, eight assists and seven boards ... Sacramento dominated on the glass, outrebounding Portland 53-35. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz