Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
carrie567 Offline

08.08.2019 08:34
ing on a seventh match point. Bouchard hammered Antworten

LONDON -- Milos Raonic joined Eugenie Bouchard in the quarter-finals of Wimbledon as the talented pair continued their run at the record books. Eighth seed Raonic achieved his best career showing at the All England Club on Tuesday with a 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4), 6-3 fourth-round win over Japanese 10th seed Kei Nishikori. Raonic becomes just the second Canadian to reach the Wimbledon quarter-finals in the Open era, which began in 1968. He next faces Australian wild card Nick Kyrgios, who shocked second seed Rafael Nadal with a 7-6 (5), 5-7, 7-6 (5), 6-2 win later Tuesday. Bouchard made her way there on Monday with a defeat of Alize Cornet. She will face off in the next round against German ninth seed Angelique Kerber, who upset fifth seed Maria Sharapova 7-6 (7-4), 4-6, 6-4, winning on a seventh match point. Bouchard hammered Kerber in the French Open fourth round a month ago. "The match against Bouchard will be a tough one," said Kerber. "I lost against her in Paris, but Im feeling right now better and Im feeling better on grass. "Ive never played her on this surface, so I will be focused like today just on myself." Raonic laid down 34 aces in his victory over Nishikori, who is coached by former French Open winner Michael Chang. Raonic broke three times, saved five break points against his serve and ended with 64 winners in the comprehensive victory. "Ive been serving in general well this tournament, and even throughout the clay court season," said Raonic. "But obviously here it sort of gets exemplified a little bit more. Its a little bit more on display. "Thats helping me, taking a lot of pressure off me and putting more so on my opponents." The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to defeat Nishikori. The Japanese player had won his previous six matches against Canadians, including two against Raonic. In mens doubles, veteran Daniel Nestor of Toronto and Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic finished off a rain-delayed match from Monday as the third seeds reached the quarter-finals over Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay and David Marrero of Spain 7-6 (8), 6-4, 6-4. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the third round over Indias Rohan Bopanna and Aisam Quereshi of Pakistan 6-7 (3), 7-6 (5), 6-3, 7-5. Raonic opened the match by losing his first service game, which allowed Nishikori to win the opening set in 39 minutes. Raonic fought hard to come back. He broke twice in the second set to get back level at a set each, and won the third set on a tiebreaker. Raonic earned a late break in the eighth game of the fourth set, then set up a match point with a service winner and advanced on his first opportunity a game later. Raonic said hes not particularly impressed by the records he is setting in his career. "To to this point there hasnt been as much Canadian success, especially on the singles side in the mens," he said. "You appreciate them, but you dont give them too much value because its ambitions that are beyond doing what no Canadian has done before. Its about really trying to become the best player in the world." Raonic said his serve will be key in his Wednesday quarter-final. "Ive been able to do that so far, its whats going to put the pressure on my opponent," he said. "Its whats going to give me a bit of freedom on the return games. "After that, the most important thing is going to be the attitude, the mental approach. I want to do much better than I did in Paris. I feel like Im ready to do so." Mohamed Elneny Jersey . JOHNS, N. Ainsley Maitland-Niles Arsenal Jersey . Blown save in the ninth inning? No problem. http://www.footballarsenalstore.com/Wome...al-Fc-Jersey/.J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Konstantinos Mavropanos Jersey . Osasunas Alvaro Cejudo drove the ball onto the crossbar in the fifth minute and his team squandered several long-range strikes before he was denied one-on-one by goalkeeper Jaime Jimenez in the 50th. Nacho Monreal Jersey . The third-ranked Lewis, a three-time winner this year on the LPGA Tour, had a 9-under 135 total at Emirates Golf Course in the Ladies European Tours season-ending tournament.SAN FRANCISCO - Giants manager Bruce Bochy has announced the worst-kept secret in San Franciscos clubhouse: left-hander Madison Bumgarner will start Wednesdays wild-card game against Pittsburgh or St. Louis.Bochy said before Sundays regular-season finale against San Diego that he felt comfortable with Bumgarner or Jake Peavy on the mound. But given Bumgarners success the last few yearrs, he said I dont think there was any question who you pitch that game.ddddddddddddBumgarner was 18-10 with a 2.98 ERA this season. He has a 3-2 record with a 3.79 ERA in six post-season starts, all during San Franciscos runs to the 2010 and 2012 World Series titles.The winner of the wild-card game will face the Washington Nationals in a best-of-five division series. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz