Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
carrie567 Offline

08.08.2019 08:34
t Cleveland after fouling a pitch off his knee Antworten

CHICAGO -- Despite being eliminated from the playoffs, the Kansas City Royals are not expecting to be playing in any meaningless games until spring training begins in February. Jeremy Guthrie pitched seven strong innings, and David Lough hit a two-run homer to lead the Royals to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Thursday night. One day after being eliminated from the post-season, the Royals earned their 84th win, their most since 1993. The Royals 6-0 loss to Seattle on Wednesday, combined with victories from all three teams ahead of them in the AL wild-card standings, officially eliminated them from playoff contention. Guthrie (15-12) became the Royals third 15-game winner since 1997. He gave up two runs and four hits, striking out four and walking one. Royals closer Greg Holland pitched a scoreless ninth for his 46th save in 49 chances as the Royals ended a two-game losing streak. Holland set a franchise record for saves, surpassing Dan Quisenberry (1983) and Jeff Montgomery (1993). "Our guys know that Guthrie was going for his 15th win, they know Jamey Carroll is sitting on 999 hits, they know (James) Shields is going for his 100th win tomorrow, they knew this would be a new career high for Jeremy Guthrie with 15 wins. They knew Hollands next save would be the franchise record. Theyre all pushing, they all want to finish strong," Royals manager Ned Yost said. Paul Konerko and Adam Dunn hit solo homers for the White Sox, who have lost 21 of their 27. The White Sox are 35 games under .500 (62-97) for the first time since ending the 1970 season 56-106 and must win once in this series to avoid finishing with 100 losses, which would be the fourth-most in franchise history. "You dont want to lose 100. You dont want to put that on a team next year. Whoevers here is going to have to answer questions about this season and just have it in the back of their minds," Konerko said. "If you can avoid it, you can avoid it. Whether we lose 98, now (actually 97), I can promise you if we won the next three, wed know what it feels like to lose 100." Guthrie already surpassed his career best win total when he won his 12th on Aug. 5 against the Twins. "For me, its a reflection on the team. The bullpen pitched tremendous all season long, especially games I threw in and the offence picked us up great along with the defence," Guthrie said. "I think wins for the most part can really be attributed to the guys around you, its a team effort. I am really pleased to help the team win games and get credited for 15 times." White Sox starter Andre Rienzo (2-3) pitched six-plus innings and allowed three runs, two earned, and four hits. Holland, who struck out two in the ninth, isnt worried about accolades. "I think maybe it will set in a little later. Right now, I am happy we won. Anytime you are mentioned with guys that you know were great it is pretty special," Holland said. "When youre out there on the mound youre just thinking of saving the game for the guys because they played their butts off." Trailing 1-0 in the fourth inning, Lough hit a two-run homer, snapping a streak of 21 scoreless innings for the Royals. The last time the Royals scored was in the 12th inning of a 6-5 victory at Seattle on Monday. Dunn tied the game in the sixth with a long home run to right. It was his 33rd of the season and it was measured at 442 feet. In the seventh inning, Justin Maxwell led off with a single and advanced to second on Loughs bunt, then he came around to score after catcher Bryan Anderson fielded George Kottaras sacrifice bunt and threw it down the right-field line to give the Royals a 3-2 lead. "Jeremy Guthrie getting his 15th win of the year. The way he threw the ball was tremendous, but the two bunts changed the game," Yost said. Konerko, who missed Wednesdays game at Cleveland after fouling a pitch off his knee on Tuesday, homered in the second inning. It was his 12th of the season. Konerko is possibly playing his last series with the White Sox. He is a free agent after the season and has been a member of the club for the last 15 seasons. This is his lowest home run total with the White Sox. "This year Ive hit a lot of balls hard that I put on a line or on the ground. Even balls that got down I hit. These arent balls I hit any less hard than I did tonight, its just its path. Its the technique of it all. Thats where it is for me. That one tonight, I attacked that one the right way and to get it in that air and get it going. I just havent done that a lot this year," Konerko said. NOTES: Shields will attempt to get his 100th career win on Friday night. ... Chris Sale, who leads the AL in complete games, will start for Chicago. ... Kansas City pitching set a franchise record with its 1,178th strikeout. Grossiste Yeezy . The Canadians led for much of the game before Argentina forced overtime in the dying seconds of the fourth quarter. Canada weathered the storm after squandering a lead with a series of made shots. "Its a fantastic win for our country with 11 first-time Canadian national team members," said head coach Roy Rana. Adidas Yeezy a Vendre . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Duck Calling With several marquee centres available via trade and expected to be available via free agency, the Anaheim Ducks could be primed to be big players in the coming days. http://www.siteyeezypascher.fr/basket-ul...cher-chine.html. -- Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson couldnt hear himself amid the roar in Koch Arena, so he kept stomping on the floor in a fruitless attempt to get his teams attention. Acheter Des Yeezy Pas Cher . Appearing on TSN 690 Monday afternoon, Mike Babcock said he had conversations with both P.K. Subban and Carey Price about those on-ice traits during Hockey Canadas summer orientation camp. Mike Babcock: McGill experience, P. Yeezy Boost 700 Acheter .5 million. The 25-year-old Varlamov is thriving under first-year coach and Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roy, posting a 26-9-5 record with a 2.Houston, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Arkansas red-hot November defense transitioned into December. Brandon Allen tossed a pair of touchdown passes and the Razorbacks limited Texas to just 59 total yards en route to a 31-7 dismantling of the Longhorns in the Texas Bowl on Monday night. The Razorbacks raced out to a 24-7 halftime advantage and never looked back. Arkansas held Texas to just 13 yards in the second half. It limited the Longhorns to a minuscule 0.1 yards per carry, while racking up 191 yards on the ground. Arkansas allowed just 9.5 points per game and forced 12 turnovers in November. It gave up 25.6 points per game and forced just 10 giveaways during the months of August, September and October. Allen was 12-of-23 for 160 yards, Jonathan Williams carried the ball 23 times for 105 yards and a score and Demetrius Wilson and Keon Hatcher each caught a touchdown pass for the Razorbacks (7-6). It was national exposure, Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema said. For once, maybe we had better depth than our opponent. Tyrone Swoopes completed 13-of-25 passes for 57 yards with an interception for Texas (6-7), which was 3-5 going into November prior to ripping off three straight victories to become bowl eligible. The season is over, Longhorns head coach Charlie Strong said. You see we have a lot to do. We have to get better on offense. Arkansas scored the first 17 points of the game. After punting on its openingg touch, the Razorbacks were faced with a 3rd- and-10 at the Texas 37 on its next possession.dddddddddddd. Allen hit Jared Cornelius over the middle and Texas Mykkele Thompson stripped the ball out, but the ball landed into the arms Hunter Henry for a gain of 20. The wild play led to an Adam McFain 32-yard field goal. Wilson came down with a jump ball along the left sideline for a 36-yard score early in the second on Arkansas next series for a 10-0 cushion. Taiwan Johnson recovered a muffed exchange between Swoopes and Johnathan in the end zone for Arkansas 17-0 margin midway through the second. Texas got on the board on its ensuing sequence when Swoopes capped off an 8- play, 44-yard drive with a 9-yard touchdown keeper along the left sideline. Allen moved the chains on a 3rd-and-4 with a 10-yard scramble and then hit Drew Morgan for a 24-yard gain to move the ball to the Texas 10. Allen stepped up in the pocket on a 3rd-and-goal and found Hatcher in the back of the end zone for a 5-yard score. Williams 1-yard TD plunge early in the fourth was the lone score of the second half. Game Notes Arkansas improved to 14-23-3 all-time in the postseason ... Texas played in its 53rd bowl game, only Alabama has appeared in more. The Longhorns fell to 27-24-2 ... Williams and Alex Collins were the only FBS teammates to head into bowl season with 1,000-plus yards rushing. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz