Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

10.08.2019 10:14
Miami. After scoring 21 points and Antworten

GURNEE, Ill. -- Cristie Kerr brought the wine for the final team dinner of deep dish pizza. She sent text messages to her teammates to try to keep them loose.When the United States had a chance to win the UL International Crown, she finished the job.Kerr held on for a 3-and-2 victory over Melissa Reid on Sunday to give the Americans the title in the rare team event on the LPGA Tour.I think I play better when there is more pressure, said Kerr, who was the last player to tee off for the U.S.Kerr and company were shut out in the first session on Thursday, but they got progressively better over the weekend. Stacy Lewis and Gerina Piller each closed out wins before Reid missed a birdie putt on 16, handing the decisive victory to Kerr.Lewis and Piller ran to the green for a group hug when it was over. Kerrs caddie, Brady Stockton, grabbed the flag at 16 to save it for his player.Lexi Thompson lost 2 and 1 to South Koreas So Yeon Ryu, and then joined the celebration at a muggy Merit Club about 40 miles northwest of Chicago. The Americans won a silver trophy, and each of the players took home a crown and $100,000 apiece.To be called the best golfing nation I think is pretty satisfying, Lewis said.Lewis, Kerr and Thompson played on the U.S. team that finished a disappointing sixth in the inaugural event in 2014, failing to make it to the final day at Caves Valley Golf Club in Maryland. But Piller joined the group for an American victory in the Solheim Cup last year in Germany, and their chemistry and confidence in each other was on full display when they decided to keep the same four-ball pairings after they came up empty Thursday.Coming into this week, everyone was playing really well, and for us to be paired with the people we played at Solheim, I think thats been a huge help in the success that weve had in that just gives us extra confidence, Piller said.Kerr and Thompson teamed for wins on Friday and Saturday, and the momentum carried over into singles. Piller cruised to a 4-and-3 victory over Taiwans Yani Tseng, and Lewis posted a 3-and-2 win over Japans Mika Miyazato.South Korea, which was the top seed coming into the event, finished second with 12 points, one back of the United States. Taiwan and England tied for third with 11, and Japan finished fifth with eight points.The International Crown moves to the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club in Incheon, South Korea, in 2018.We couldnt win the tournament, but anyway, we still finished better than last time, Ryu said. Last time were third and this year second, so hopefully we can get a crown at 2018.South Korea and Japan each had a long day after thunderstorms postponed the final part of the third session to Sunday. South Korea advanced to the singles matches with a pair of four-ball victories against Australia, and Japan won a three-team playoff for the final spot in the singles session.Sundays singles matches also were delayed for 62 minutes by rain.Sei Young Kim showed no signs of fatigue in a dominant 5-and-4 victory over Englands Charley Hull, but countrywomen Amy Yang and In Gee Chun lost their matches. Japan also split its four singles matches, with Haru Nomara and Ayaka Watanabe on the winning side.England had the lead with nine points coming into the day, but it wasnt able to keep up its surprising play. Jodi Ewart Shadoff beat Taiwans Ssu-Chia Cheng 1 up for the countrys only victory of the final session.---Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap Willie Roaf Womens Jersey . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. Sam Mills Saints Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. http://www.authenticsaintssportsonline.com/saints-cameron-jordan-gold-jersey/ .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. TreQuan Smith Youth Jersey . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson Womens Jersey .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. SAN ANTONIO -- Tony Parker, along with all of San Antonio, really, spent a restless night worrying about a gimpy right hamstring that hampered him in Game 3 of the NBA Finals and threatened the momentum the Spurs seized with a drubbing of the Miami Heat. A day later, Parker said he got some good news. Just how good the news is likely wont be known until Game 4 begins on Thursday night. Parker had an MRI on Wednesday that revealed a Grade 1 strain of his hamstring, the mildest level of strain. Hes listed as day to day. "I was just hoping it was not a tear," Parker said. "The good news is its not a tear or a defect. So thats the good news. Now I just have to see how I feel tomorrow." Parker was injured early in the second half of Game 3, which the Spurs won 113-77 to take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series. He was limited to six points and eight assists in 27 minutes and left the game early in the fourth quarter with the outcome already decided. Parker did not participate in the portion of practice on Wednesday that was open to the media, instead watching his teammates go through a light workout while spending much of the time in conversation with Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. "Well see how it goes tomorrow. Well talk with Pop," Parker said. "I know Pop is always going to prefer to take low risk." When asked about Parkers outlook, Popovich said, "a lot of it will be what he feels, I think." Parkers injury somewhat muted the celebration in San Antonio following the Spurs decisive bounce-back victory that put them two wins shy of the franchises fifth championship. While the Spurs role players have been playing incredibly well in these finals, they know they will need Parkers leadership, guts and unparalleled mastery of the pick-and-roll to bury LeBron James and the Heat. Danny Green, Gary Neal and Kawhi Leonard have been revelations so far in this series, scoring the same number of points (130) through the first three games that the Heats vaunted trio of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have managed. Neal filled in brilliantly for a slowed-down Parker on Tuesday night, scoring 24 points and hitting six 3-pointers to pick up the slack. The Spurs have two more games at home -- on Thursday and then Game 5 on Sunday -- to try to close out the Heat and avoid having to head back to Miami. "A lot of the Miami defence is focusing on me and my teammates are taking advantage of it," Parker said.dddddddddddd"Theyre playing great and hopefully they can keep it going." Still, it feels like a long way to go, because Parker is the engine that keeps this precision machine humming. He entered his fourth NBA Finals at the height of his powers, asserting himself as the best point guard in the game by carrying the Spurs into the showdown with Miami. After scoring 21 points and dishing out six assists in San Antonios Game 1 win, Parker was averaging 22.9 points and 7.1 assists this playoffs, the best numbers of his career for a post-season that included more than one series. He scored 13 points on 5-for-14 shooting in their Game 2 loss and was just 2 for 5 on Tuesday night. As important as his scoring and distributing have been for the Spurs, the confidence he instills with his steady hand on the throttle may be even bigger. The Spurs arent big on swagger, but they play with a different demeanour when hes on the court slicing and dicing opposing defences. "He does a lot for us," Neal said. "If hes not scoring, hes drawing the defence and being a facilitator. He has a great basketball I.Q. He brings a certain amount of confidence and toughness to our team. We definitely need Tony on the floor." If Parker has to miss Game 4, it no doubt would inject some life into a Heat team that was dazed and staggered in Game 3. A club that won 66 games in the regular season, including 27 straight at one point, and entered the playoffs as the prohibitive favourite to repeat as champions found itself down by 37 points at one point in the loss. Without Parker on the floor Thursday night, things would be different. "He is the head of their snake," Heat guard Mario Chalmers said. "I feel like that. The whole team feels like that." Heat coach Erik Spoelstra brushed aside a question about Parkers availability, clearly more disappointed and concerned about his own teams performance in Game 3 than anything happening with the Spurs. "If we bring the level of effort and focus that we did last night it doesnt matter who plays," Spoelstra said. "Were hoping he plays. We want both teams to be healthy. We dont want any excuses and they dont want any excuses either." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz