Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Die Probier- und Test-Arena
mary123 Offline

28.09.2019 05:45
teams chances of winning. Antworten

MacARTHUR: BLUE JAYS AND ORIOLES A RIVALRY RENEWED? TORONTO - Fans old enough to possess a keen sense of Blue Jays history must have smiled upon seeing Jose Bautista jaw at Orioles reliever Darren ODay on Saturday. There was the thrill of the moment, absolutely, as Bautista had snapped a 2-2 tie with his full count, two out, two-run home run in the eighth inning, propelling Toronto to a 4-2 win over Baltimore and a 10th-consecutive victory. ODay received his comeuppance for his behaviour on Friday night when, after striking out Bautista to end a sixth inning rally, he turned toward the outfielder and began screaming what were assumed to be unpleasantries. After Saturdays game, Bautista wasnt eager to play the accelerant to ODays pack of matches. "I told him just to keep talking like he was (Friday,") said Bautista of his message as he trotted down the third base line. "He kind of ran his mouth a little bit after he struck me out. I dont know where that came from but I didnt appreciate it and I let him know that yesterday and thats a little reminder today that I didnt appreciate it." As for personal history between the two, through an Orioles media relations official ODay wouldnt comment. Bautista pleaded ignorance. "Not that I know of," said Bautista. "Thats why I was caught off guard. I dont have a problem when pitchers celebrate getting a big out in a big inning but when youre staring at me yelling stuff and I cant really hear what youre saying, it upset me a little bit." Could this little back and forth between a Blue Jays star player and a usually dominant Orioles reliever be the first sign of a rivalry renewed? Maybe. After all, in order for a rivalry to exist both teams must expect success. Such a scenario is made possible by Torontos recent winning stretch. For the reader too young to remember the good old days and for the reader eager to take a trip down memory lane, a history lesson: 1989: The Blue Jays got off to a dreadful 12-24 start and replaced manager Jimy Williams with Cito Gaston. Meantime the Orioles, under manager Frank Robinson, were in a period of renewal after some dreadful seasons that followed their 1983 world championship. Baltimore either was tied for the lead or held sole possession of the lead in the American League East every day from May 23 to August 31. Thanks to winning summer months, including a 20-victory August, Toronto steadily climbed back into the race. Baltimore had remained relatively consistent, save for an 11-16 July. By the time the Orioles came to the SkyDome for a season-ending three-game series, the Jays had a one-game lead. Toronto won 2-1 on the Friday night to clinch a play-in tie for the division and then, thanks to a three-run eighth, won Saturdays game 4-3 to punch a ticket to the playoffs. That game is remembered for Tom Henkes game-ending strikeout of Baltimores Larry Sheets, which he followed with a celebratory fist pump shown on Jays highlight reels to this day. 1993: In its second season of existence, Oriole Park at Camden Yards played host to the All-Star Game. Gaston, having managed the Jays to the 1992 World Series championship, skipped the American League squad. Baltimore had a young right-hander by the name of Mike Mussina. Mussina, just 24 and in his second full season in the big leagues, was named to the AL pitching staff. Gaston hadnt planned to use him unless the game went to extra innings. In the ninth, with the AL cruising to a 9-3 victory, Mussina began to warm up in the bullpen. The hometown crowd assumed hed be brought in to pitch. It didnt happen. Gaston was vilified in Baltimore and heard jeers at Camden Yards for the remainder of his days as Jays manager. 1996: Prior to the season, Pat Gillick, the only general manager the Blue Jays had known through to the end of 1994 and the man who had built the back-to-back world championship teams, was hired to the same post by the Orioles. Not long after taking the job, Gillick signed Roberto Alomar away from Toronto and the Orioles would make the playoffs in both the 1996 and 1997 seasons. 2013: The rivalry dissipated in the late 1990s and through the 2000s. The Blue Jays and Orioles had become afterthoughts in a division dominated by the Yankees and Red Sox and later the Rays. Last year, the Orioles made the playoffs and had a winning record for the first time since 1997. No recounting of the Blue Jays offseason moves and sluggish start is needed. But the clubs current surge has it a game above .500 for the first time this season. The atmosphere in Rogers Centre this weekend lends to the big game feel. Both teams expect to win. Mix in a little bad blood and youve got the recipe for a rivalry renewed. Cheap Shoes Black Friday .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Wholesale Shoes Black Friday Free Shipping . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Shoes Black Friday Deals 2020 . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Buy Shoes Black Friday . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. When the NFL schedule was announced in April, Green Bays visit to Tennessee on Sunday figured to be nothing more than a tuneup game for the Packers and an excuse for their fans to turn the Titans Nissan Stadium into Lambeau Field South.Well, Green Bay fans could still take over the enemy stadium, but given where the Packers are and how Tennessee has progressed, this looks to be anything but a gimme. In fact, it should be one of the tightest games on the Week 10 card.At 4-4 after a 31-26 home loss last week to Indianapolis, Green Bay is just a game back of slumping Minnesota in the NFC North. The Titans (4-5) fell 1 1/2 games back of Houston in the AFC South after a 43-35 defeat last week in San Diego.Alarms were sounded in Wisconsin after last weeks game when players and coach Mike McCarthy took turns bemoaning the teams lack of energy. McCarthy wasted little time Wednesday squelching that issue in regards to this game.Well play with great energy Sunday. Thats not a concern of mine, McCarthy said. Its a road game, so we have that challenge. Our guys will bring it. Were just paying attention to what matters and its about improvement. We have to learn from last week.Lesson one might be the idea of getting off to a better start. The Packers coughed up a game-opening 99-yard kickoff return score to Jordan Todman and never seemed to fight back until Indianapolis established a 31-13 fourth-quarter lead.Tennessee had its own issues with getting out of the starting block last week. It fell behind 16-0 early in the second quarter and fought back to take a brief 21-19 lead before San Diego regained the lead for good, aided and abetted by two scores off turnovers by quarterback Marcus Mariota.Mariotas game last week screamed mixed bag. While he threw for 313 yards and three scores, and added a 14-yard touchdown run, his three turnovers led to 17 Charger points, more than accounting for the difference.Mariota has made real strides in his second season, but has tossed eight interceptions and lost multiple fumblees, leading to scores that hurt the teams chances of winning.dddddddddddd.Its an ongoing thing for me, he said of working on ball security. It (stinks) when it doesnt come out to work too well during the course of a game, but thats part of it. Thats part of my growing process. Its part of things I can do to get better.One guy whos noticed Mariotas progress is Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who had some of the same issues early in his career before learning to reduce errors.From afar, Ive appreciated his game for a while now, Rodgers said of Mariota. He can do it all on the field. Hes extremely gifted athletically and hes doing a good job of throwing it efficiently. Im definitely impressed with the way hes playing.Rodgers has been dinged by some for not playing up to par, but the former two-time Most Valuable Player is still hitting better than 63 percent of his passes for 2,039 yards with a 20-5 touchdown-interception ratio.Imagine what Rodgers could do if he had the Titans running game. Led by DeMarco Murray, the NFLs second-leading rusher at 807 yards, Tennessee is third in the NFL in rushing, enabling Mariota to take advantage of better matchups than he had as a rookie.But the Titans strength could run headlong into the Packers biggest strength. Green Bay leads the NFL in run defense at 75.8 yards per game.We feel strongly about running the football and how we run it, Tennessee coach Mike Mularkey said. It will be a good test for us.The Titans will get help up front Sunday with the return of left guard Quinton Spain, who suffered a knee injury on Oct. 23 in a 34-26 loss to Indianapolis. Spain sat out the last two games.Meanwhile, Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews, who missed last weeks game with a hamstring injury and has been hampered by nagging ailments throughout the year, was declared out. The Packers hope to get running back James Starks (knee) back. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz