Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

10.10.2019 10:46
e, who we brought in and just the overall level of Antworten

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Patrick Chambers wants his Penn State team to imagine a shorter shot clock and attack the hoop fast.Maybe not as fast as they did in Wednesdays 72-59 win over Colgate, however.Weve got to slow down a little bit inside, in the paint. We missed some point-blank shots, the Nittany Lions coach said. But overall it was a really, really good step for us.Payton Banks scored 20 points, Terrence Samuel added 16 and Tony Carr had 14 for the Nittany Lions (3-3) who snapped a two-game slide and relied on 3-pointers when high-percentage shots wouldnt fall.Banks drained four of his teams six first-half 3-pointers which came in handy as Penn State made just 11 of 39 2-pointers and were just 7-for-20 on tip-ins or layups. They made just 3 of 13 of those shots in the first 20 minutes.As Penn State sputtered, the Raiders used a 21-9 run to take a 21-15 lead, their largest of the game with 5:31 left in the first half. Penn State snapped out of its funk and regained control with eight points in less than a minute. Banks hit his fourth 3-pointer to put Penn State up for good, 23-21, with 4:22 left.Will Rayman led Colgate with 28 points. He made 10-of-16 field goals and drained five 3-pointers as the two teams combined for 21 3s in a game Penn State controlled after leading 30-23 at halftime.Rayman scored his teams first seven points of the second and the Raiders cut Penn States lead to 36-33 when OBrien drained a 3-pointer 4:37 into the second. But Penn State steadily pulled away.Im a little bit disappointed in the game, Colgate coach Matt Langel said. I thought we had a chance there if we had a little bit more urgency about us and made a few smarter plays.THE BIG PICTUREColgate: The Raiders havent beaten a current Big Ten team since the 1973-74 season when they beat Penn State, before the Nittany Lions joined the league. Despite their lack of success against Power 5 teams, the Raiders continue to build experience and have the pieces they need to improve on last seasons 9-9 Patriot League finish.Penn State: The Nittany Lions got back in the win column after dropping back-to-back games against Top 25 opponents. Penn State played hard against No. 1 Duke in a 78-68 loss over the weekend but followed that up with an inconsistent performance in a 71-50 defeat to then-No. 24 Cincinnati.REAVES RETURNSGuard Josh Reaves returned after missing the first five games with a lower left leg injury and played 17 minutes. Voted the teams MVP by his peers in training camp, Reaves was pegged as a starter before he suffered the injury late in camp.Right now, Chambers said, the speedy sophomore might be the ideal spell coming off the bench. His infectious style certainly had an effect on his teammates when he entered just as Colgate took its only lead. It wouldnt last long.Josh is a huge spark guy and hes not even at 100 percent and hes still flying around, Banks said. I feel like we came out a little dull and when he came in the game it was like automatic life.Reaves finished with five points, four rebounds, an assist and a steal.UP NEXTColgate plays its fifth-straight on the road, visiting Columbia on Saturday.Penn State visits George Washington on Saturday. Wholesale Rangers Jerseys . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. Rangers Jerseys 2019 . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/ .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. Texas Rangers Pro Shop . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Cheap Rangers Jerseys . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Gus Bradley looks like he could pass the teams conditioning test.Although Bradley declined to provide specifics about his weight loss, he clearly shed some pounds before his fourth training camp as Jacksonvilles head coach.Just about everyone inside the building has noticed, especially players returning from a 39-day break.Looking lean, coach, looking lean, veteran linebacker Paul Posluszny said as he passed Bradley in the hallway Wednesday.All Bradley would say about his more-svelte look was that he used his time off much like he asked his players to do at the end of organized team activities in June, when he challenged them to make the most of their down time.I just want to make sure we are at our best and we can be at our best, Bradley said. Sometimes we lose sight of that as coaches. I want to make sure that Im personally at my best for this team.Bradley now has 47 days to get his team in shape before the season opener against Green Bay. Its an important stretch for Jacksonville, which is heading into its most anticipated season in nearly a decade.The Jaguars open camp Thursday with high expectations stemming from a four-year rebuilding project that included four top-five draft picks and more than $350 million spent the last two years in free agency.I know there is a lot of excitement about this team. There is a lot of excitement in our locker room, Bradley said. Thats what we hoped would happen. If we create this culture and mindset, we should see this locker room and guys where we get better and have a great attitude.The confidence should be building, and these things are happening in front of our eyes. ... I believe so strongly in this process and I believe it will bring the results that we want. Its important to stay true to it.Bradley planned to address the high expectations during a team meeting later Wednesday.The Jaguars signed defensive tackle Malik Jackson, safety Tashaun Gipson and cornerback Prince Amukamara in free agency and then used their top two draft picks on Florida State cornerback Jalen Ramsey and UCLA linebacker Myles Jack. Coupled with the return of defensive end DDante Fowler Jr.dddddddddddd (knee) and defensive tackle SenDerrick Marks (triceps) from injuries, and Jacksonville could have a number of new starters on the defensive side of the ball.When you look at who we have, who we brought in and just the overall level of expectation from us as players, we can all kind of feel it to say, `Hey, we have some great talent now. Lets bring it together, play at a consistent level, and see where this team can go, Posluszny said. Personally and as a group I know were really excited about starting this.Getting all those defensive newcomers to jell will be one of the main goals of camp.The Jags have a similar issue on the offensive line, where third-year pro Brandon Linder returns from a shoulder injury and moves from guard to center. They also have to figure out who will play left tackle, embattled starter Luke Joeckel or free-agent acquisition Kelvin Beachum.Offensively, the Jaguars made huge strides last season. Receivers Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson formed one of the best tandems in the league, and Blake Bortles set franchise records for completions (355), attempts (606), passing yards (4,428) and touchdown passes (35). But Bortles also led the NFL in interceptions (18) and sacks (51), and completed just 58.6 percent of his passes.And Jacksonville really struggled to run the ball, especially in short-yardage and goal-line situations. The Jags responded by signing bruising running back Chris Ivory in free agency.Bradley, who notably said before last season that its built, really believes the pieces are in place this year for the Jaguars to be more competitive in the AFC South. Of course, thats not hard to do since the team is just 12-36 in Bradleys three seasons.The Jaguars anticipate much better results -- maybe in line with Bradleys weight loss -- in 2016.I really firmly believe they will rise to the level of expectation as long as they are realistic and high expectations, Bradley said.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz