Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

15.11.2019 11:28
Louis Arena another chance to ask f Antworten

Fighting on July 4 weekend is special for lightweight Jamel Herring.He represented the United States in the 2012 Olympics and was captain of the boxing team. Before that he served nine years in the U.S. Marines, including two tours of duty in Iraq (where he was a field electrician), the reason why he got such a late start to his professional career.So to be able to fight on the most patriotic of weekends is a big deal for Herring, 30, who will face the most significant opponent of his career when he meets former two-time world title challenger Denis Shafikov in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions card on Saturday night (ESPN and ESPN Deportes, 9 p.m. ET) at Santander Arena in Reading, Pennsylvania.Its a huge honor and blessing to headline on ESPN on Fourth of July weekend, Herring said. I want to put on a good show. Its an extra special honor on this weekend, being that I was a Marine and to headline, and I want to put on a patriotic and great performance.Herring (15-0, 8 KOs), a 2012 U.S. amateur national champion at 141 pounds, has been brought along slowly by manager Al Haymon but is really ramping up his competition against fellow southpaw Shafikov, of Russia.I have a great deal of respect for Shafikov, Herring said. Tough guy, experienced -- but he had his chance. Its my time. Its my toughest fight on paper, but I feel good. It is my time to earn my respect.Shafikov, 31, has twice fought for a lightweight word title but came up short each time. In his last fight, in December, Shafikov (36-2-1, 19 KOs) lost a unanimous decision challenging Rances Barthelemy for a vacant 135-pound belt. In 2014, he lost a unanimous decision to then-titleholder Miguel Vazquez.Now he hopes to win and pave the way for another opportunity.Everything went well in camp. We had a four-month camp, Shafikov said through a translator. We were supposed to fight a couple of months ago, but when that fight was cancelled, I relaxed for a minute and then this opportunity came up.Herring has a great record and he represented the U.S. in the Olympics. He is still young, and I feel that my experience will be the determining factor. I accepted this fight because a win gets us in line for big opportunities, including another shot at a world championship.Herring grew up in Coram, New York, but now lives in Cincinnati, where he trains with Mike Stafford and is part of the same stable as former four-division world titleholder Adrien Broner. Herring trained in Cincinnati during the early part of his camp to prepare for Shafikov and then relocated to Washington, D.C., to finish up at Barry Hunters talent-rich gym.Camp was great. During my time in D.C., I sparred with [former junior welterweight titlist] Lamont Peterson, said Herring, who noted that Peterson, a right-hander, did him a favor by turning southpaw for their sparring sessions.Although Shafikov is vastly more experienced as a professional compared to Herring, he is also the smaller man. Herring, at 5-foot-9, will own a four-inch height advantage.I was 15 years old when I first started boxing, Herring said. I had a close friend, and his father was a trainer. When I was a kid, he always asked me and nagged me to come to the gym, but I wasnt really into boxing. I was more into team sports, like basketball, football, and things like that. As a kid, when I thought of boxing, I thought of the Rocky movies -- I saw all the punishment that they would take and I thought, I dont know about that.But after a while, he came by and told me how much fun it was, so I gave it a try one day and I stuck to it for good. I had about 92 amateur fights altogether. I think I had about 14 losses. When I joined the Marine Corps in 2003, I had to take a little break from boxing, so I didnt get back into it until 2006. Then the Marine Corps deployed me back to Iraq again in 2007. Then I came back in 2008 and started boxing again.One of his sons, Stephen, was born while he was deployed in Iraq.With his Olympic credentials, connections to Haymon and a strong work ethic, Herring is probably not too far away far from getting a shot at a world title, but beating Shafikov is imperative if he wants one.I believe a win will open the doors for a world title [fight], said Herring, a married father of two sons, a daughter and a step-daughter. In my mind, I am taking this fight as a world title fight. That is how important this fight is, and before the end of the year I hope to get a crack at a world title.In the co-feature, 23-year-old Polish junior middleweight Patrick Szymanski (15-0, 9 KOs) will face former world title challenger Silky Wilky Campfort (21-2, 12 KOs) in a 10-round fight.Im excited about the opportunity to take on an experienced opponent, Szymanski said. I think it will be a good test for me and a chance to show off my skills.Ive worked very hard so that I can leave an impression with my performance. These are the kind of fights that I have to win and win in style if I want to reach my goals in this sport.Campfort, 31, born in Haiti and based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is coming off a fourth-round knockout loss challenging Jermall Charlo for his 154-pound world title in November. He is not sure what to expect from Szymanski.I dont know too much about my opponent, but I did see him fight once in Tampa, Campfort said. Come Saturday night, I will see what he has. It means a lot to fight on ESPN. The first fight that I saw that involved a fellow Haitian was Daniel Edouard on ESPN and it gave me a lot of motivation to pursue my career. I am not only fighting for myself, but all of the people in Haiti and Florida that have been supporting me.A win will put me right back into where I was when I had my long winning streak. A win will put me back in the mix at 154 pounds. Andrew Heaney Jersey . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. Rod Carew Jersey .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. https://www.cheapangels.com/1733j-dick-enberg-jersey-angels.html . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. Patrick Sandoval Angels Jersey . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Michael Hermosillo Jersey . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. CARSON, Calif. -- Baggio Husidic and Giovani dos Santos scored second-half goals and the Los Angeles Galaxy snapped a six-game winless streak with a 2-1 victory over the Columbus Crew on Saturday night.The Galaxy (10-4-13) moved into a three-way tie with Colorado and Real Salt Lake for second place in the Western Conference. The Crew (5-10-11) have lost two straight.Husidic set up on the left side of the 18-yard box and then fired his shot inside the top right post and past diving goalkeeper Steve Clark in the 78th minuute.dddddddddddd Four minute later, the ball deflected to dos Santos in the midfield, who then ran alongside a defender and lofted his shot over Clark to score his tenth goal of the season.Adam Jahn scored in the second minute of second-half stoppage time for the Crew. Galaxy goalkeeper Brian Rowe stopped Ola Kamaras penalty kick to the bottom left corner of the goal less than a minute later. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz