Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
mary123 Offline

15.11.2019 11:28
disappointed in his choices, a Antworten

LONDON -- Wrestlings governing body has "reacted well" and made the necessary changes to give the sport a chance of saving its place in the Olympics, IOC President Jacques Rogge said. In an interview with The Associated Press, Rogge said FILA has tackled the issues that led the IOC executive board in February to remove wrestling from the list of core sports for the 2020 Games. "I think they had the good answer and the good reaction," he said. "They obviously were taken a bit by a surprise by the fact they could leave the core group." Rogge praised the measures approved by FILA at its congress in Moscow last weekend, including rule changes to make matches more compelling and the inclusion of women and athletes in decision-making positions. Wrestling is now competing with seven other sports for a single spot on the 2020 program. The IOC board meets in St. Petersburg, Russia, next week and will recommend one sport or a shortlist of sports for a vote by the full IOC in September. "The federation definitely understood the reasons why they were ousted, and they reacted what they normally should have done," Rogge said. "They did a good job on that, so well see what the judgment is of the executive board on all of the eight sports but definitely I would say that wrestling has reacted well. "That does not guarantee a spot in the shortlist or the single presentation. It was at least the minimum they could do and they did it. They have addressed the shortcomings. That was a good reaction." Wrestling, which dates back to the ancient Olympics, remains on the sports lineup for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro. The new sports seeking inclusion in 2020 are squash, wakeboarding, karate, wushu, roller sports and a combined baseball-softball bid. They will all make presentations to the IOC board next Wednesday in St. Petersburg. "Then well have a debate whether the executive board will present one single sport to the session or whether the executive board would prefer to present a shortlist to the IOC session," Rogge said. The board members will vote by secret ballot on which sport or sports to submit to the IOC assembly in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Sept. 8. There has been widespread speculation in Olympic circles that the board will recommend a list of three or four sports, including wrestling. "My position is very clear," Rogge said. "Everything will happen on merit and respecting the rights of the federations." FILA on Thursday announced the names of the five panelists who will make the presentation to the IOC: FILA President Nenad Lalovic; Jim Scherr, a former wrestler and ex-CEO of the U.S. Olympic Committee; Canadian freestyle wrestler Carol Huynh, gold medallist at the 2008 Beijing Games and bronze winner at the 2012 London Olympics; Lise Legrand, vice-president of the French wrestling federation and 2004 bronze medallist ; and Daniel Igali, a Nigerian-born Canadian gold medallist in Sydney in 2000. "These five panelists are representative of the passion, dedication and diversity of wrestlings athletes and fans around the world," Lalovic said. The IOC decision in February to drop wrestling led to the resignation of FILA president Raphael Martinetti. Lalovic, who took over in an interim capacity, was elected fulltime president at last Saturdays congress in Moscow. Lalovic "understood there were shortcomings both in governance but also in presentation and appeal of the sport in terms of clarity of the rules of competition and a whole range of issues that they had to change," Rogge said. Under changes approved in Moscow, matches will consist of two 3-minute sessions instead of three 2-minute periods, and scoring will be cumulative instead of the previous two-out-of-three system. FILA also changed its constitution to include a female vice-president. "They will have an athletes commission they did not have," Rogge said. "They will have women on board the executive board which they did not have. They will change the length of bouts to make it more clear for the public on the counting of the points. There are also a lot of technical rules that are going to be associated." College Jerseys .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. NHL Jerseys . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. https://www.cheapjerseysjustwholesale.com/ . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . Stitched Jerseys . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Nike Jerseys . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Rams waived cornerback Troy Hill on Tuesday in the wake of his arrest last weekend following a freeway crash.Hill is fourth on the Rams roster with 38 tackles after starting four games as a surprisingly important contributor to Los Angeles solid defense.Hill was arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol after he rear-ended a truck in his Mercedes near Encino.I was disappointed in his choices, as they related to Friday night and Saturday morning, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said after practice Tuesday.I didnt think he put the team first. I got information, and we made the decision. Because Troy was truthful with me in our conversations the last couple of days, I also said that Im not going to rule out a second opportunity. I think people deserve second chances in life. I think he learned from it, but I was just disappointed in his choices.The Rams claimed Hill off waivers from New England late last year, and the local Ventura County product eventually outplayed free-agent signee Coty Sensabaugh for a regular role on the defense this season.The Rams deactivated Hill for last weekends 114-10 loss to Miami.dddddddddddd Los Angeles (4-6) has lost five of six.Hills next court date is Dec. 14.The Rams made several additional roster moves as they began their week of preparation for a trip to New Orleans.Los Angeles waived cornerback Dwayne Gratz and placed rookie linebacker Josh Forrest on injured reserve after he hurt his knee against the Dolphins. They also promoted cornerback Michael Jordan and linebacker Nic Grigsby to the active roster, and they signed linebacker Randell Johnson to the practice squad.Michael is so excited, Fisher said of Jordan, a rookie Missouri Western State product who went undrafted and joined the Rams practice squad in September.It was really fun to talk to him today. He understands our system. Hes played really hard in practice. He was productive in the preseason games. He understands that theres maybe a 50-50 chance of him being active this week, just because of numbers and things, but hes really excited.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz