Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 92 mal aufgerufen
 Technik-Mecker
jokergreen0220 Offline

28.02.2019 09:09
All-Star closer Joe Nathan became a free agent Friday after declining a $9 million contract option in his deal with the Texas Ra Antworten

All-Star closer Joe Nathan became a free agent Friday after declining a $9 million contract option in his deal with the Texas Rangers. Cheap Air Jordan . After the Rangers exercised their portion of a mutual option, Nathan opted out of the deal, as expected. The right-hander wants at least a two-year agreement, which the Rangers dont plan to offer. "My expectation is that there are other teams that maybe have a bigger need in the bullpen and will put in more resources than we are," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said. "We have some other areas that are a higher priority for us to address." Because he finished more than 55 games this season, Nathan was able to opt out of the deal. By declining the option, Nathan gave up a $750,000 buyout. Nathan, who turns 39 later this month, had 80 saves over two All-Star seasons in Texas. He was 6-2 with a 1.39 ERA and 43 saves this year. Daniels said the Rangers feel their bullpen in an area of strength and depth. He expects the next closer to come from within the organization, though he said a decision on who that will be likely wont be made until the Rangers get to spring training in Arizona. "We have a number of guys internally that have done that for us before," Daniels said. Texas still has two former All-Star closers on their roster, though Joakim Soria and Neftali Feliz both had ligament replacement surgery in 2012. Feliz was a closer before moving into the Rangers rotation in 2012, then getting hurt. Soria missed the entire 2012 season for Kansas City before signing a two-year deal with Texas, and going 1-0 with a 3.80 ERA in 26 appearances this season after coming up in July. Felix is still rehabbing with the expectation to be in the bullpen next season. Tanner Scheppers was 6-2 with a 1.88 ERA in primarily an eighth-inning role this season. Alexi Ogando is another closer option, though Daniels indicated that its likely the right-hander would remain in the rotation rather than returning to the bullpen. Nathan missed the 2010 season with Minnesota following his own Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. In his return in 2011, he lost his job as closer early in the season before reclaiming it later and pitching well in the second half, saving 11 games and holding opposing batters to a .207 average. The Rangers signed him early that off-season, after their second consecutive World Series, a move that allowed them to move Felix into the rotation. "Joes been outstanding for us on and off the field," Daniels said. "Hes been as advertised." NOTES: Bobby Jones, the Rangers Triple-A manager the last three seasons, will be part of the major league coaching staff next season. Daniels said he wasnt sure yet if Jones would fill the vacant first-base coaching job of be the seventh coach on the staff. Jones has spent 26 seasons as a coach or manager in the organization, including stints on the Texas coaching staff under Johnny Oates (2000-01) and Buck Showalter (2006). Real Jordans For Cheap .Manager Brendan Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo on Friday that Sturridge pulled his calf muscle in training as he prepared to return from a five-week layoff due to a thigh strain. Wholesale Jordans Paypal . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. http://www.clearancejordans.com/ . "Ive got a lot of work to do on this team and the sooner that I can get back to my office and start that work, itll be better," he said straight-faced as the rest of the room erupted in laughter.Major League Baseball may one day return to Montreal, but that day will not be coming any time soon, according to Bud Selig. Speaking with TSNs Michael Farber, the commissioner said that while franchise relocation and expansion is not currently being considered, the sour ending of baseball in Montreal would not keep the city from being awarded a franchise in the future. "With the 30 teams, you know we just went from 15 to 15 in scheduling, that was a very complicated process so there are really no expansion plans at all," he explained. "Fortunately, we dont really have any club that wants to move right now and havent for a long time. Its my last year and I cant, in the foreseeable future, see any expansion." Selig didnt rule out the possibility of Montreal landing a franchise again in the future, but added that one of the key steps would be getting a new stadium. "The first thing you need, and this has been true everywhere, even in existing places, is to build a stadium that can produce the kind of revenue you need today to compete," he said. "This is a sport now that is at an all-time high in popularity and revenue and everything else, but teams do generate a lot of revenue to compete and without a new ballpark, its not possible. So the first condition everywhere is to have a new ballpark." Selig also noted that having a local owner is crucial in establishing a franchise in a city. "You really need a group with local roots, who understands their market, but is also committed to keeping it in that market," he added. "Local ownership is vital." Speaking on the Expos and the series of events that led to their relocation in 2004, Selig said that he did not necessarily believe the sale of the franchise in 1991 was the "death knell" for the Expos, but called it "a sad day for baseball and a sad day for Montreal." He added that as the team was failing in the early 2000s, he tried to find another owner in Montreaal to keep the team in the city, but couldnt find support. Cheap Jordans For Sale. "(I) spent quite a bit of time, worked a lot with (team president) Claude Brochu, who was very good," said Selig. "Claude did everything in the world he could, and he was a wonderful citizen when it came to baseball. I know how he felt about Montreal, it just didnt work, but it wasnt for lack of effort. I came up there and we tried and we just didnt get anywhere." The commissioner also disagreed with the sentiment of some fans that Major League Baseball quit on the city of Montreal long before moving the Expos. "Thats regrettable," he said. "I dont believe that, in understanding of the historical facts and what happened, justifies that. I dont think MLB ever quit on Montreal. I think what happened, if you asked before and after Charles Bronfman sold the team, you bet I worked a lot with people to try to get permanent ownership and stable ownership but they obviously had a stadium problem. The Montreal people themselves talked about it a lot. So, I really dont think it was a matter of us quitting on Montreal. Montreal was a great part of baseball for all the years Charles Bronfman owned them, we had no reason to go against that in any way. I think we (MLB), every place we have been, we have made a very sincere attempt to really change the situation, and build stability into it, and weve succeeded everywhere else. And we tried in Montreal." With a decade gone by and the Expos firmly entrenched in Washington, D.C. as the Nationals, Selig added that the sour ending of baseball in Montreal would not keep the city from being awarded a franchise in the future. "The Montreal situation was one that we didnt want to happen, but with no ownership group and the very things that we have discussed here today, we had no choice," he said. "But as far as Im concerned, if and when that time comes, and there is a team, why wouldnt Montreal be considered?" ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz