Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

26.03.2019 07:20
Weve just got to continue to have that Antworten

FRISCO, Texas -- Tony Romo stopped a reporter in the middle of what appeared to be the first question in his first meeting with the media since August.The Dallas quarterback brought a statement, and he wasnt going to answer any questions Tuesday.The 36-year-old coming off his fourth back injury in less than four years conceded the starting job to Dak Prescott , who has led the Cowboys (8-1) to a franchise season record-tying eight straight wins and the best record in the NFL.And a somber Romo didnt hide his disappointment while reading the five-minute statement.Hes earned the right to be our quarterback, Romo said of the 23-year-old rookie. As hard as that is for me to say, hes earned that right. Hes guided our team to an 8-1 record and thats hard to do.Romo, who broke a bone in his back in a preseason game, is expected to be Prescotts backup Sunday at home against Baltimore (5-4). It should be the first time Romo is active since Thanksgiving last year, and the first time in 10 years he isnt the Dallas starter.If you think for a second that I dont want to be out there, then you probably never felt the pure ecstasy of competing and winning, Romo said. That hasnt left me. In fact, it may burn now more than ever.Romo was surprisingly reflective as well, recalling the early days of his career when he was an unheralded free agent fighting to stay on the roster. Now hes the franchise leader in passing yards and touchdowns, ahead of Super Bowl winners Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.But hes also in the same place Drew Bledsoe was in 2006 when Romo replaced an ineffective Bledsoe at halftime of a loss to the New York Giants six games into the season and never gave up the starting job.I remember the feeling like it was yesterday, Romo said. It really is an incredible time in your life. And if I remember one thing from back then, its the people that helped me along when I was young. And if I can be that to Dak, I tried to be and I will be going forward.Romo signed the first $100 million contract in franchise history in 2013 and counts $20.8 million against the salary cap this season. The cap hit next year is nearly $25 million, but the Cowboys can reduce it by roughly $5 million if they release him.The mood was more jovial earlier in the day when owner and general manager Jerry Jones made one of his weekly radio appearances.I paid a lot of money for a backup quarterback as you well know, Jones said, referring to Kyle Ortons $3 million salary as Romos backup several years ago. And this, by the way, is going to be the record for having paid this for a backup quarterback.The Cowboys went 1-11 in the 12 games Romo missed last season with a twice-broken left collarbone. When he immediately grabbed his back after getting tackled awkwardly from behind in the preseason against Seattle, Dallas hopes seemed doomed again.But Prescott had already shown promise in the preseason. And after a one-point loss to the New York Giants in the opener, he has led fourth-quarter comebacks and easy victories alike while compiling the fourth-best passer rating (106.2) with 14 touchdowns and just two interceptions.We all know something magical is happening to our team, Romo said. Im not going to allow this situation to negatively affect Dak or this football team by becoming a constant distraction. I think Dak knows that I have his back. And I think I know that he has mine.After Romo went down in Seattle, the initial word was that his surgically repaired back had withstood the hit. But the broken bone was diagnosed the next day, with an initial timeframe of six to 10 weeks to recover.Getting hurt when you feel like you have the best team youve ever had was a soul-crushing moment for me, Romo said. You almost feel like an outsider. Coaches are sympathetic, but they still have to coach. And youre not there. Its a dark place, probably the darkest its ever been.Part of the darkness came from Romo realizing where he is in his career.Seasons are fleeting, he said in a speech with several pauses. Games become more precious. Chances for success diminish. Your potential successor has arrived, injured two years in a row and now in the mid-30s, the press is whispering, everyone has doubts, youve spent your career working to get here.And now Romos a backup again.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Cheap Custom Raiders Jerseys . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Authentic Raiders China Jerseys . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. http://www.cheapraidersjerseysauthentic.com/ .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Wholesale Raiders Jerseys . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Ryan Fitzpatrick had a tough time just blending in with the crowd this summer during his contract stalemate with the New York Jets.Of course, that mountain man look with his bushy beard and puffed-up pompadour certainly didnt help him stay incognito.Whether it was at the airport, restaurants, public bathrooms or on the golf course, Fitzpatrick heard from fans who wanted to know if hed ever re-sign with the Jets, why he wouldnt accept their initial offer and whether hed retire.Everywhere I went, the Jets quarterback said Saturday, that was the topic of conversation.That included when he was in the New Jersey area. And vacationing in Hayward, Wisconsin. His hometown of Gilbert, Arizona, too. And even Lake Tahoe, California.I mean, everybody had some opinion, Fitzpatrick said. It was because you guys kept putting me on ESPN.Fitzpatrick agreed to a one-year, $12 million deal with the Jets on Wednesday and signed the contract minutes before the teams first training camp practice Thursday. That finally ended a staredown that dragged on since March and had the Jets uncertain who would be under center for them this season.As training camp drew closer, Jets fans let Fitzpatrick know how they felt -- and what he should do.It was a little bit of both, Fitzpatrick said. Some of them were trying to feel it out and buddy me up to get the answer or, `Whats really going on with the situation? They wanted my agents number. Some of them were telling me that I needed to sign. Stop being so greedy.It was just like everything in the book was thrown at me.Fitzpatrick added that for the most part, the fans were mostly respectful about the situation.One reporter suggested that maybe shaving his beard could have made him a little more inconspicuous.Yeah, I could have, Fitzpatrick said. I dont know if it would have helped or not.It all worked out -- eventually. And, Jets fans cheered Fitzpatrick when he jogged onto the practice field Saturday before heavy thunderstorms forced the players indoors and sent the soaked crowd home early.Three practices in, Fitzpatrick appears to have quickly shed the rust of the offseason. He looked sharp Friday and Saturday, connecting with Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker throughout. Just like old times, when he set the franchise record last season with 31 touchdown tosses.Somewhere through the first practice, I started feeling a lot better, Fitzpatrick said. Seeeing things a lot better and the ball coming out of my hand better.ddddddddddddCoach Todd Bowles had the Jets in full pads for the first time in camp and the team worked on red-zone situations throughout. Fitzpatrick acknowledged that he was a bit slow on some throws and not as crisp as hed like.I think it was apparent there that Ive got a long way to go, he said. But I felt good the first few days. My arm feels good and the rapport with the guys is still there. Weve just got to continue to have that upward trend.After Fitzpatrick took over last summer for the injured Geno Smith, who had his jaw broken by a punch from a teammate in the locker room, he quickly got up to speed in Chan Gaileys offense and thrived. The Jets offense ranked 10th overall in the NFL last year, and they were 11th with 24.2 points per game.Marshall set the team records with 109 receptions and 1,502 yards receiving.He is a freak of nature, Fitzpatrick said. He makes my job easy.Meanwhile, Decker established the franchise mark with 10 red-zone touchdown catches. Marshall and Decker, with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball to them, broke the NFL mark for the most games with teammates catching at least one touchdown pass in the same game at 10 games.Well always be a work in progress, Fitzpatrick said. Were always kind of working to get exactly on the same page with timing and depth and all of that stuff.With Fitzpatrick back and the addition of running back Matt Forte, New Yorks offense is expected to be very productive again this season.Weve got to get better, Fitzpatrick said. We did some things that were OK last year, but theres a lot of things that we can improve on. Weve just got to become a smarter football team.Game notes Both CB Darrelle Revis (wrist) and RB Matt Forte (hamstring) remained out of team drills. Theres no timetable on when they might fully practice. ... Bowles said hes a quote guy when it comes to choosing material to motivate his team. Einstein, Socrates, some ex-football coaches that have played over the years that youve stumbled across, Bowles said. Some from baseball quotes and some from basketball. You just look and you learn and you see what applies to what you can fit and use it for.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz