Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 92 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

26.03.2019 07:20
A knee to the thigh might have stung him t Antworten

EUGENE, Ore. -- Defending Olympic champion Aries Merritt rushed back from a kidney transplant to be ready for Rio. He wont let Zika stand in his way, no matter how much his doctors object.Qualifying in the 110-meter hurdles at Olympic track and field trials begins Friday. Should Merritt make the U.S. team, he said he wont think twice about racing in Rio even though the mosquito-borne virus could pose a greater risk to him than most because of the transplant.Theyre very, very concerned. Theyve asked me many, times: Have you considered not going? said Merritt, who holds the world record in the hurdles (12.80 seconds in September 2012). Im like, Well, thats not an option. If I make it, Im going.The reason is simple: At 30, he doesnt know if this sort of chance will come around again.Merritt won bronze at last years world championships in Beijing with his kidneys barely functioning because of a genetic disorder. He received the transplant from his sister less than a week later. He had another follow-up surgery in October because of complications.He is still healing.Doctors told me I was supposed to be running maybe next year, not this year, Merritt said. I really dont have that option to skip Olympic Games. Its not something I can skip. ... I dont have time to be skipping stuff.He got a late start on training because of the transplant, and other than a groin strain that cost him a few weeks, he says hes in competition shape.Its definitely been an uphill battle, Merritt said. There are minor setbacks that happen. Every athlete goes through [something]. It wouldnt be a journey if we didnt have something. It just cant be perfect all the time.Merritt didnt let anyone know until just before worlds last August, but he was suffering from a rare genetic disorder that was diagnosed in 2013. For years, it turns out, his kidneys have been faltering, to the point where he ran the final at worlds on Aug. 28 at about eight pounds under his normal weight and with his kidneys barely functioning.He finished 0.01 seconds behind Hansle Parchment of Jamaica for second. Sergey Shubenkov of Russia took gold.Competing at worlds last season with no kidney function was horrible, Merritt said. There was a 90 percent chance Id never run again. I just so happened to beat those odds. Kind of like the odds of going to the Olympic Games.Contrary to a handful of golfers and other athletes who are skipping the Olympics because of fears of the illness, Merritt says hell be there if he qualifies.Hell take plenty of precautions: wearing long sleeves, applying insect repellent and planning to stay indoors as much as possible.Other than that, theres not much he can do.We have Zika back in America, he said. I havent gotten it yet. I dont think its that big of deal. Wholesale Nike Basketball Shoes . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. Cheap Nike Basketball Shoes . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. http://www.cheapnikeshoesbasketball.com/ . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. Nike Basketball Shoes Clearance . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Wholesale Basketball Shoes Free Shipping . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. The top 25 teams in The Associated Press womens college basketball poll, with first-place votes in parentheses, records through Nov. 20, total points based on 25 points for a first-place vote through one point for a 25th-place vote and last weeks ranking:Record Pts Prv1. Notre Dame (16) 4-0 804 12. UConn (16) 3-0 797 33. South Carolina (1) 2-0 755 44. Louisville 5-0 707 55. Baylor 3-1 704 26. Maryland 4-0 665 67. Mississippi St. 4-0 614 108. Ohio St. 3-1 591 79. UCLA 3-1 533 910. Florida St. 3-1 502 1211. Stanford 3-1 448 1111. Syracuse 3-0 448 1413. Oklahoma 3-0 389 1614. Texas 1-2 376 815..dddddddddddd Washington 3-1 348 1716. Florida 3-0 300 1917. Tennessee 3-1 257 1318. DePaul 3-0 256 2019. West Virginia 3-0 214 2120. Kentucky 3-1 205 1521. Miami 3-1 155 2222. Oregon St. 3-0 147 2423. Arizona St. 2-1 98 1824. Michigan St. 4-0 84 -25. Gonzaga 3-0 62 -Others receiving votes: Auburn 55, Missouri 52, Colorado 41, Indiana 27, Texas A&M 26, Marquette 18, South Dakota St. 12, South Florida 8, Green Bay 7, NC State 7, Saint Louis 6, Western Kentucky 3, California 2, Duke 1, Boise St. 1. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz