Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Die Wünsch-dir-was-Box
mary123 Offline

04.04.2019 08:25
were encouraged with his progress later Tuesda Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Michael Phelps is used to being in a league of his own.So it was strange to see him crowding onto a medal stand with two other swimmers Friday night.Phelps rallied from sixth overall at the turn to lock up a silver medal in the mens 100-meter butterfly, but the winningest Olympian of all time finished in a three-way tie for the medal with Chad le Clos and László Cseh.Meanwhile, Joseph Schooling of Singapore shocked the field by winning gold in Olympic-record time (50.39 seconds). It was the countrys first gold medal in any sport.Schooling, who also swims at the University of Texas, built a big lead on the opening lap and easily held off the hard-charging Phelps.Schooling -- almost exactly a decade younger than the 31-year-old American -- wouldnt let Phelps pull off one of his patented comebacks on the return lap. The time for the three silver-medal winners was 51.14.Phelps quickly swam over to congratulate Schooling, who seemed stunned by what he had done.Joe is tough. Hats off to him, he swam a great race. Its kind of special and a decent way to finish my last individual race, Phelps said.It hasnt really sunk in yet, Schooling said. Im sorry if I dont seem like Im full of emotions right now. I dont know what to believe, like, whether I actually did it or Im still preparing for my race.Schooling was equally complimentary of Phelps.[Phelps] is a guy that will go down in our history books as the greatest of all time of any sport. Im just honored and glad to have that moment and that privilege to race alongside Michael and Chad and all those guys, Schooling said.The three-way tie for the silver medal is the first three-way tie for any medal in Olympic swimming history, according to ESPN Stats & Information.A three-way tie is pretty wild, Phelps said.Phelps now has won five medals over his week in Rio: Friday nights silver and four golds. His career total in the Olympics now stands at 27 medals.The Baltimore native will close out these Olympics in the 4x100 medley relay Saturday, in which hell have a shot for his 23rd gold medal.Earlier Friday, fellow American swimmer Ryan Lochte said he believed Phelps would compete in the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, which Phelps politely contradicted after the 100 butterfly.I am not gonna be competing in four years, Phelps said.Later Friday, 16 years after winning his first individual gold medal at the Olympics, Anthony Ervin picked up his second with a furious dash from one end of the pool to the other.Completing a remarkable journey in the blink of an eye, the oldest member of the U.S. swimming team touched first in the 50-meter freestyle, edging the defending Olympic champion, Florent Manaudou of France, by a mere hundredth of a second.Another American, Nathan Adrian, took the bronze.The 35-year-old Ervin won his first gold at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, tying teammate Gary Hall Jr. for the top spot. He skipped the next two Olympics only to return for the 2012 London Games, but he failed to medal there.Now, improbably, hes back on top of the podium again.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. CHEAP NFL JERSEYS WHOLESALE .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. WHOLESALE CHINA JERSEYS . -- On the field, it was business as usual for Jameis Winston and No. http://www.chinacheapnfljerseyswholesale.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. CHEAP AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEYS . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. CHEAP FOOTBALL JERSEYS . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. Jeff Gordon will replace Dale Earnhardt Jr. for at least two more weeks as Earnhardt continues treatment for balance, sight issues and nausea resulting from a concussion.The four-time Sprint Cup champion came out of retirement to replace Earnhardt at Indianapolis and Pocono the past two weeks and will again replace Earnhardt this weekend at Watkins Glen and then the following race Aug. 20 at Bristol Motor Speedway.Earnhardt has missed three races -- Alex Bowman replaced him July 17 at New Hampshire -- and does not have a timetable for his return.He said on his The Dale Jr. Download podcast Monday he has some days when his balance is better and then there are moments when it is not. He said he believes it has to do with a lack of gaze stability.The gaze issue and the problem with my eyes being able to fix on an object at a great distance and stay there with head movement -- that is the problem. When I move my head, I lose the object that I am trying to target, Earnhardt said. That is hand-in-hand with the balance.Earnhardt underwent further evaluation Tuesday at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Sports Medicine Concussion Program and took to Twitter to say doctors were encouraged with his progress later Tuesday.University of Pittsburgh doctors tell Earnhardt three weeks is a short time with his concussion symptoms, but they are treatable.Im very impatient, Earnhardt said. I want change now and I want improvement now so Im consistently texting my doctor ... going, What can I do to get better tomorrow?Hes like, Look you have got to realizze that this might be a process and you just have to keep doing these exercises.ddddddddddddThe Sprint Cup Series has a week off after The Glen, with the regular season finishing up with races at Bristol, Michigan, Darlington and Richmond before the 10-race Chase for the Sprint Cup.At 56 points behind the likely current Chase cutoff, the only way Earnhardt could be eligible for the championship is to come back and win a race before the Chase. His return even before then is questionable, as he said his visits to his doctors come every few weeks.Dale will be back when hes ready, and were looking forward to that happening, but the priority continues to be his health and well-being. Well keep our focus on that and let the doctors guide us, team owner Rick Hendrick said in a statement.Gordon, who finished 13th at Indianapolis and 27th at Pocono, has four career Cup wins at Watkins Glen and nine overall on road courses. He has five career Cup wins at Bristol.Turning 45 on Thursday, Gordon will make his 800th career start Sunday at The Glen.This whole experience is something that is one that I want to enjoy and take a little bit more lightly, but I cant, Gordon said Friday at Pocono. Its just not in me. Its just not who I am.And so I wish Dale a speedy recovery. Id like him to be back in the car. But at the same time if hes not, I feel like each time Im in the car Ill be more confident and comfortable to get better results. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz